Binh Islands in Khanh Hoa – Vietnam’s miniature Maldives
Khanh Hoa features a nice balance of urban and beach environments. And with its nice weather all year round, there really is no bad time to pay a visit to this coastal province in South Central Vietnam. When you need a respite from the city's busy street life, retreat to 4 “Binh islands” in Khanh Hoa – these less-traveled islands in Vietnam!
Binh Lap Island - “slow-living” heaven in Khanh Hoa
Binh Lap Island
For an island getaway that is more rustic than tropical, consider Binh Lap Island. With its picture-perfect beaches, amazing shoreline, crystal clear waters, fresh salt-smelling air, and light sand, it is surprising that Khanh Hoa paradise of Binh Lap Island is not popular with the masses on their Vietnam tours.
Explore some of the best scenery that this island has to offer by walking along Bai Ngang - a giant blue mirror with the slight wind, reaching the top of Hon Chut Lighthouse – a landmark constructed 100 years ago or diving deep to get closer to these colorful coral reefs on Bai Ran. Afterwards, reward yourself by stocking up on a barbecue party with a campfire on Bai Lao or Bai Ngang.
- Where to Stay: Located 56 miles from downtown Nha Trang, every room at the 4-star Ngoc Suong Resort features ocean views of the picturesque Cam Ranh Bay. (Room rates range from USD $70 to USD $122/bungalow/night).
- Getting There: Binh Lap Island is about 50 miles from Nha Trang City and is just over 31 miles from Cam Ranh Airport. You can get to Binh Lap by canoe and travel around by motorbike.
Binh Ba Island – the sunrise capital of Khanh Hoa
Binh Ba Island
One of the spots that welcome the earliest sunrise in Vietnam, Binh Ba is not surprisingly called the sunrise capital of Khanh Hoa.
Even though Binh Ba covers an area of around 3km square in Cam Binh Commune, Cam Ranh City, there is plenty to do with its exceptionally beautiful beaches and impressive islands. Welcome a new day on Chuong Island, Nom Island, or Old house Island. Then, go swimming, snorkeling, and diving in Nom beach. For a family-friendly excursion, rent tents for camping on the beach or join hand at fish and squid night catching. And make sure to sample this island’s food specialty – grilled lobsters.
- Where To Stay: Try Mr. Bay Ho Hostel, which is situated near Nom beach and has elegant rooms with magnificent sea views. (Room rates start at $4.3/night)
- Getting There: Approximately 37 miles from Nha Trang and 242 miles from Ho Chi Minh City, Binh Ba Island is accessible by a canoe ride from Cam Ranh Port.
Binh Hung Island – A hidden coarse gem of Khanh Hoa
Binh Hung Island
Who needs Danang and Nha Trang? With its surprisingly laid-back vibe, Binh Hung in Khanh Hoa boasts some of the most stunning island getaway destinations!
Coined "the coarse gem of Khanh Hoa province," Binh Hung Island is a quaint coastal escape steeped in South-Central Vietnam, with its 7 pristine beaches and the freshest of seafood. Start your trip to Kinh beach, where white sand and shallow beach meet the warm and clear waters of the Cam Ranh Bay. For a swimming-friendly excursion, visit the special Freshwater Beach where you can enjoy a freshwater stream running down from Chua Mountain. Don't leave without hitting Egg Stone beach to admire its unique landscape created by huge-egg-like-shaped rocks!
- Where To Stay: Look into one of the islanders’ many hostels, or try a raft house for a one-of-a-kind experience. (Rates start at $3/night/person).
- Getting There: About a 1-hour-boat ride from Binh Ba Island. Motorbike and canoe are the means of transport on this island.
Binh Tien Island
Binh Tien Island
Hope to splurge on an exotic trip to a tropical locale in a less-known destination on your Vietnam tours? Let’s unplug from the daily grind with a journey to Binh Tien Island - a true desert oasis that makes Khanh Hoa a top travel destination.
- Where To Stay: Prepare your own tent for an unforgettable night at an open-air hotel.
Khanh Hoa is an island paradise, where you can still find one right next door. Whether you are looking for relaxation or adventure, these best islands in Vietnam promise both for a price that will not break the bank.